Preventive Maintenance Checklist
Of course, to make sure that your CCTV system is functioning optimally, you’ll got to conduct timely maintenance.
You’ll got to verify a couple of things because it pertains to the system’s camera and housing, wiring and cables, and control equipment.
CAMERA & HOUSING
For the system’s camera and housing, we’ll verify the following:
- Camera/lens focus and auto iris is adjusted properly.
- Camera field of view is adjusted to customer’s requirements.
- Camera/housing viewing window is clean, inside and out.
- Camera lens is dust free.
- Interior of camera enclosure is clean and dry.
- Check operation of pan tilt and zoom focus. Use controller on top of things room to see of these operations.
WIRING & CABLES
For the system’s wiring and cables, verify the following:
- Check wiring and cable harnesses for wear and fray.
- Check to form sure cable is dressed properly.
- Check connectors and cable entry points for loose wiring.
- Check that the coax is transmitting an adequate video signal to regulate room.
- Signal should be freed from distortion, tearing, hum-bars, EMI, and rolling.
- Make sure all coaxial connectors are insulated from conduit and pull boxes.
For the system’s control equipment, we’ll verify the following:
- Ensure the remote view is working effectively.
- Check recording status and Hdd health
- Check time,date stamp is correct and adjust as neccessary
- Check operation of NVR/DVR/PSU/POE Switch cooling fan (if applicable) clean as neccessary .
- VCR’s (DVR,NVR) are functioning properly and providing distortion free recording.
- Check all coaxial connectors on the rear panels for loose connections.
- Check all power connections to make sure AC plugs aren’t loose.
There are clearly several things you’ll got to take a glance at as a part of this CCTV maintenance checklist. If you’ve got any questions or would really like to schedule full CCTV maintenance service, call us on 08032063852